Monday, March 1, 2010

Partner's Family

It's real hard because Jason's family are all in a different culture. I'm Samoan and they're Honduras. That makes it hard. They have different upbringing then I have. I feel like I'm being forced to grow up the way they grew up, and I'm not used to that. Are we going to bring Jacob up to know both Samoan and Honduran or just English? I would like him to know both languages, but hopefully I would teach him to speak Samoan only to those in the family who speak Samoan. There are a lot of them. I'm trying to learn Spanish, but I find it real hard to communicate with his family. When they want to know about Jacob I usually go through Jason or his mom, who know both languages. I'm trying to learn it so I can talk to Jacob in both languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment